The City of Austin is an equal opportunity employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, or sexual orientation.
You must complete all parts of the application. Read the job announcement carefully before you apply. Announcements may contain special instructions and requirements. Complete a separate application for each job unless the announcement states otherwise.
Important – Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application and applications without the supplemental questionnaire will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted by email – Tricia Wiechmann, Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to City Hall, ATTN:
500 4th Avenue NE
Austin, MN 55912
Duties of the Human Resources department include:
- Serving as the City’s contact for the hiring process including – advertisement, receiving applications of employment, application review and interviewing process
- Maintenance of personnel files and contact for employee/employment relations
- Provide oversight and administration of employee labor agreements and participate as a management team member in the negotiation process
- Provide benefit oversight, coordination and assistance to employees and providers (health/life insurance, flexible spending, etc.)
- Ensure state and federal mandates related to personnel issues are being followed/implemented
- Provide employment verification (includes position title, employment starting & ending dates and salary)
- Serve as the City’s safety manager
- Serve as the liaison to the Human Rights Commission and Police & Fire Civil Service Commissions
Engineering Technician/AutoCAD/Project Coordinator
Salary range: $23.99 – $30.16/hr. (2019 range)
Minimum requirements include: Related technical or college training in AutoCAD, engineering technology, civil engineering or any equivalent combination of education and experience with similar responsibilities. Proficiency with multiple software applications along with excellent computer skills required.
Application and supplemental questionnaire may be obtained from the links below. Application deadline is Friday, December 13, 2019
Supplemental questionnaire – required as part of the application
Intern/Teacher/Naturalist – full year paid internship
The City of Austin, Minnesota is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual for a full year intern/teacher/naturalist position at the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center, a division of our park and recreation department. The ideal candidate would be able to start as soon as January 2, 2020, although we are willing to consider other timelines as well.
This is a paid internship and individual will earn public employment retirement contribution (PERA) and is eligible for health insurance benefits. Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of a background investigation.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and three references to Luke Reese, Director, at the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center, Box 673, Austin, MN 55912 or email@example.com. Access the Hormel Nature Center website through the City of Austin website at www.ci.austin.mn.us or directly at www.hormelnaturecenter.org.
Application deadline: December 6, 2019.
Join our Team! What it means to be a member of the City of Austin Fire Department
If you are applying for an open (advertised) position, please see the application materials that are available under the open positions tab for the specific position you are applying.