The City of Austin is an equal opportunity employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, or sexual orientation.
You must complete all parts of the application. Read the job announcement carefully before you apply. Announcements may contain special instructions and requirements. Complete a separate application for each job unless the announcement states otherwise.
Important – Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application and applications without the supplemental questionnaire will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted by email – Tricia Wiechmann, Human Resources Director email@example.com or mailed to City Hall, ATTN:
500 4th Avenue NE
Austin, MN 55912
Human Resources Director
500 4th Avenue NE
Austin, MN 55912
Duties of the Human Resources department include:
- Serving as the City’s contact for the hiring process including – advertisement, receiving applications of employment, application review and interviewing process
- Maintenance of personnel files and contact for employee/employment relations
- Provide oversight and administration of employee labor agreements and participate as a management team member in the negotiation process
- Provide benefit oversight, coordination and assistance to employees and providers (health/life insurance, flexible spending, etc.)
- Ensure state and federal mandates related to personnel issues are being followed/implemented
- Provide employment verification (includes position title, employment starting & ending dates and salary)
- Serve as the City’s safety manager
- Serve as the liaison to the Human Rights Commission and Police & Fire Civil Service Commissions
Park & Recreation Director
PAY RANGE: $74,485 – $88,670
DEADLINE: Monday, January 28, 2019
The City of Austin, Minnesota is seeking an energetic and innovative individual to lead our park and recreation department. Austin has a population of 24,700 and is located on Interstate 90 approximately 90 miles south of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. The department has a fulltime staff of 18 and a current budget of $3,500,000.
The Director is responsible for the daily operation of the Park & Recreation and Forestry departments. Areas of responsibility for the Director include planning, budgeting, personnel administration, marketing and promotion. The Director is responsible for the activities of the professional and support staff including Nature Center Director, Parks Supervisor, Recreation Supervisor and office staff.
Successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and strong skills in developing and maintaining community relations. Experience in program development, budget administration, community collaboration, personnel administration and marketing and facility promotion are highly desirable.
Application deadline – January 28, 2019
Interviews – conducted week of February 4, 2019
Anticipated start date – Mid-April, 2019
Pool Manager – 2019 Summer Season
Position Title: Pool Manager
Wage range: $11.00 – $15.00/hr.
Department: Park and Recreation, Municipal Pool
Position open until filled, applications reviewed as received. Anticipated start date of mid-May, 2019; however, willing to work with selected candidate on specific date.
PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
The City of Austin is looking for a part-time, 10 hr. /wk. parking enforcement officer. This year-round, primarily outdoor position pays $11.00/hr. and will have a varied work schedule.
Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to successfully complete a background investigation and able to withstand working outdoors. Application packets may be obtained from the City of Austin at 500 4th Avenue NE, Austin, MN 55912 or at www.ci.austin.mn.us. Position open until filled.
If you are applying for an open (advertised) position, please see the application materials that are available under the open positions tab for the specific position you are applying.