PLANNING FOR AND INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE BY…
- Providing a safe, high quality community to raise children, which will encourage generations to remain in (or return to) Austin
- Coordinating and focusing efforts to create well paying jobs
- Respecting and understanding the values and cultures of all our citizens
- Encouraging a healthy, diverse economy and a vibrant, attractive central business district
- Creating a high level of recreational and quality of life opportunities for all ages
- Partnering with other elected entities and the private sector to “grow our community together”
Adopted by the Austin City Council on July 21, 2003
Revised April, 2008
In the City of Austin, the way we do business is as important as the business we do. Those who work for and on behalf of the City must be trustworthy, dependable, honest and have a high degree of personal integrity.
Through our actions, the citizens we serve should feel that their input and participation is appreciated, that their city government is responsive and that they have been treated fairly, professionally, and with respect.
The Mayor and City Council value:
- Working as a team, making decisions collectively
- Providing positive, progressive leadership
- Providing government services efficiently
- Treating employees with respect.