The City of Austin is an equal opportunity employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, or sexual orientation.
You must complete all parts of the application. Read the job announcement carefully before you apply. Announcements may contain special instructions and requirements. Complete a separate application for each job unless the announcement states otherwise.
Important – Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application and applications without the supplemental questionnaire will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted by email – Tricia Wiechmann, Human Resources Director email@example.com or mailed to City Hall, ATTN:
500 4th Avenue NE
Austin, MN 55912
Duties of the Human Resources department include:
- Serving as the City’s contact for the hiring process including – advertisement, receiving applications of employment, application review and interviewing process
- Maintenance of personnel files and contact for employee/employment relations
- Provide oversight and administration of employee labor agreements and participate as a management team member in the negotiation process
- Provide benefit oversight, coordination and assistance to employees and providers (health/life insurance, flexible spending, etc.)
- Ensure state and federal mandates related to personnel issues are being followed/implemented
- Provide employment verification (includes position title, employment starting & ending dates and salary)
- Serve as the City’s safety manager
- Serve as the liaison to the Human Rights Commission and Police & Fire Civil Service Commissions
The City has multiple seasonal job openings in our parks and public works departments!! All positions are open until filled.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early!
- Park maintenance – $10.00 – $13.00
- Depending on position, schedules range Monday – Sunday; typically, 40 hours/week. Types of work include: push mowing, weed-eating, restroom cleaner, park & garbage pick-up, tree crew laborer, ballfield maintenance, landscaping/planting and flower watering 15-30 hours per week (depending on weather). Must be 16 years old and up with a current driver’s license (depends on position).
- Lead Flower Maintenance – $13.00 – $14.50
- Must be 18 years old and up with valid driver’s license, 20-40 hours per week. Responsibilities include repairing and planting flower beds, inspect for and treat flower pests, weed and maintain city owned flowers and landscapes, use chemical pesticides to treat city-owned flowers and properties, operate small engine maintenance equipment: roto tiller, hedge trimmer and string trimmer. Act as the lead of the flower personnel to ensure flowers and landscapes are properly maintained.
- Street maintenance – $10.00 – $11.50
- Generally, Monday – Friday (days), most often 40 hours/week. General laborer working in the areas of street repair, arena maintenance and sign/road painting assistant.
- Lifeguard & Lesson Instructor – $13.00 – $14.50
- Lifeguards need to be certified; swim lesson instructors do not need to be lifeguard certified. Schedule varies as necessary for summer pool operation.
- Pool attendant & concession stand – $10.00
- Must be at least 15 years old, includes admissions, concessions, top slide attendant. Schedule varies as necessary for summer pool operation.
- Todd Park Concession stand – $10.25
- Must be at least 15 years old, schedule is nights and weekends.
- Todd Park Closer – $12.00 – $13.50
- Must be at least 16 years old with valid driver’s license. Position is nights and weekends, and 20-30 hours per week. Types of work includes: dragging/raking fields after field use, picking up garbage and helping out in concession stand, if needed.
- Kickball Umpires – $15.00
- Must be 16 years old with valid driver’s license. Thursday nights, 2-3 games per night
- Recreation coaches – $10.25
- T-ball, softball, soccer, track, golf and Rolling Rec (rotate parks throughout the summer)
Seasonal applications are available for pickup at the Parks & Recreation office (500 4th Avenue NE) or available here (seasonal application)
Join our Team! What it means to be a member of the City of Austin Fire Department
If you are applying for an open (advertised) position, please see the application materials that are available under the open positions tab for the specific position you are applying.