The City of Austin is an equal opportunity employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, or sexual orientation.
You must complete all parts of the application. Read the job announcement carefully before you apply. Announcements may contain special instructions and requirements. Complete a separate application for each job unless the announcement states otherwise.
Important – Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application and applications without the supplemental questionnaire will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted by email – Tricia Wiechmann, Human Resources Director email@example.com or mailed to City Hall, ATTN:
500 4th Avenue NE
Austin, MN 55912
Duties of the Human Resources department include:
- Serving as the City’s contact for the hiring process including – advertisement, receiving applications of employment, application review and interviewing process
- Maintenance of personnel files and contact for employee/employment relations
- Provide oversight and administration of employee labor agreements and participate as a management team member in the negotiation process
- Provide benefit oversight, coordination and assistance to employees and providers (health/life insurance, flexible spending, etc.)
- Ensure state and federal mandates related to personnel issues are being followed/implemented
- Provide employment verification (includes position title, employment starting & ending dates and salary)
- Serve as the City’s safety manager
- Serve as the liaison to the Human Rights Commission and Police & Fire Civil Service Commissions
If you are applying for an open (advertised) position, please see the application materials listed below, specific for the position you are applying. Note: A supplemental questionnaire is required as part of your application.
The City has multiple seasonal job openings in our parks and public works departments!! All positions are open until filled.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early!
- Park maintenance/flower maintenance – $10.25 – $13.00/hr.
- Depending on position, schedules range Monday – Sunday; typically, 40 hours/week. Types of work include: push mowing, weed-eating, restroom cleaner, park & garbage pick-up, tree crew laborer, ballfield maintenance, landscaping/planting and flower watering 15-30 hours per week (depending on weather). Must be 16 years old and up with a current driver’s license (depends on position).
- Street maintenance – $10.25 – $11.50/hr.
- Generally, Monday – Friday (days), most often 40 hours/week. General laborer working in the areas of street repair, arena maintenance and sign/road painting assistant.
- Lifeguard, sub-lifeguard & lesson instructor – $11.00 – $14.50/hr.
- Lifeguards need to be certified; swim lesson instructors do not need to be lifeguard certified. Schedule varies as necessary for summer pool operation.
- Pool attendant & concession stand – $10.25 – $13.00/hr.
- Must be at least 15 years old, includes admissions, concessions, top slide attendant. Schedule varies as necessary for summer pool operation.
- Todd Park Concession stand – $10.25 – $13.00/hr.
- Must be at least 15 years old, schedule is nights and weekends.
- Todd Park Closer – $12.00 – $13.50/hr.
- Must be at least 16 years old with valid driver’s license. Position is nights and weekends, and 20-30 hours per week. Types of work includes: dragging/raking fields after field use, picking up garbage and helping out in concession stand, if needed.
- Recreation coaches – $10.25 – $13.00/hr.
- T-ball, softball, soccer, track, golf and Rolling Rec (rotate parks throughout the summer)
The City of Austin has an opening for a school crossing guard and the potential need to create a list for substitute crossing guards. This position performs routine outdoor public safety work to ensure the safe passage of school-aged children across an assigned outdoor intersection each day school is in session. The assigned times are typically the one hour prior to the start of the school day and one hour at the end of the school day. The starting/ending times may vary with late starts and early release days based on the school schedule as determined by Austin Public Schools.
Pay is $11.00 per hour. Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to successfully complete a background investigation and able to withstand working outdoors. Position open until filled.
Join our Team! What it means to be a member of the City of Austin Fire Department