The City of Austin is an equal opportunity employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, or sexual orientation.
You must complete all parts of the application. Read the job announcement carefully before you apply. Announcements may contain special instructions and requirements. Complete a separate application for each job unless the announcement states otherwise.
Important – Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application and applications without the supplemental questionnaire will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted by email – Tricia Wiechmann, Human Resources Director email@example.com or mailed to City Hall, ATTN:
500 4th Avenue NE
Austin, MN 55912
Duties of the Human Resources department include:
- Serving as the City’s contact for the hiring process including – advertisement, receiving applications of employment, application review and interviewing process
- Maintenance of personnel files and contact for employee/employment relations
- Provide oversight and administration of employee labor agreements and participate as a management team member in the negotiation process
- Provide benefit oversight, coordination and assistance to employees and providers (health/life insurance, flexible spending, etc.)
- Ensure state and federal mandates related to personnel issues are being followed/implemented
- Provide employment verification (includes position title, employment starting & ending dates and salary)
- Serve as the City’s safety manager
- Serve as the liaison to the Human Rights Commission and Police & Fire Civil Service Commissions
If you are applying for an open (advertised) position, please see the application materials listed below, specific for the position you are applying. Note: A supplemental questionnaire is required as part of your application.
Intern/Teacher/Naturalist – One year, fulltime
Deadline for application is Sunday, November 14, 2021
The City of Austin is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual for a full year intern/teacher/naturalist position at the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center, a division of our park and recreation department. The ideal candidate would be able to start January 3, 2022, although we are willing to consider other timelines as well.
The position will teach environmental, conservation and outdoor education; welcome visitors; feed and handle critters. Workweek is typically 40 hours per week and will include Saturdays or Sundays. Includes competitive pay, PERA retirement and health insurance.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and three references to Luke Reese, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center, Box 673, Austin, MN 55912.
Minimum two years, preferred four years, college study in natural resources, biology or environmental education.
The City of Austin has an opening for a school crossing guard and the potential need to create a list for substitute crossing guards. This position performs routine outdoor public safety work to ensure the safe passage of school-aged children across an assigned outdoor intersection each day school is in session. The assigned times are typically the one hour prior to the start of the school day and one hour at the end of the school day. The starting/ending times may vary with late starts and early release days based on the school schedule as determined by Austin Public Schools.
Pay is $11.00 per hour. Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to successfully complete a background investigation and able to withstand working outdoors. Position open until filled.
Join our Team! What it means to be a member of the City of Austin Fire Department