Solid Waste Transfer Station
102 28th St SE
Austin, Mn 55912
Phone: (507) 513-6953
· Tuesday 1pm-5pm
· Thursday 1pm-5pm
· Saturday 7am-Noon
Acceptable Waste – household garbage, plastics, glass, paper, carpet, metals, wood, general junk.
· $69.17 per ton, plus tax
· $15.58 plus tax, minimum charge
· $10.00 fee for uncovered loads
Additional charges – appliances, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, TVs and electronic recycling.
Materials not accepted – oil, yard waste, dead animals, paint, batteries, hazardous waste, manure & slate siding.
Fall Yard Waste Program
The City of Austin provides for an annual fall yard waste program. The City has established the Cook Farm as the city wide leaf disposal site at 1200-27th Avenue NW.
- Site would be available from late September through late November
- Site would be open 7 days a week from dawn to dusk
- Site would be limited to the following yard waste:
- Plants from gardens and flowers
- Compost from previous years yard waste will be available to the public on a first come first serve basis
This program is funded through the revenues generated by the lease at the Waste Transfer Station.