Solid Waste Transfer Station
102 28th St SE
Austin, Mn 55912
· Tuesday 1pm-5pm
· Thursday 1pm-5pm
· Saturday 7am-Noon
Acceptable Waste – household garbage, plastics, glass, paper, carpet, metals, wood, general junk.
· $79.92 per ton, plus tax
· $15.38 plus tax, minimum charge
We do not accept large amounts of demo. Small amounts are ok but large trucks or trailer loads are not accepted and must go to SKB.
Additional charges – appliances, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, TVs and electronic recycling.
Materials not accepted – oil, yard waste, dead animals, paint, batteries, hazardous waste, manure & slate siding.
Demolition Material – building materials, wood, sheetrock, siding and shingles
· $11.22 per cubic yard, plus tax
· $10.00 fee for uncovered loads
Materials not accepted as Demo – metal, glass, paper, plastic, carpet, clothes. Loads mixed with these items will be
dumped at $66.64 per ton, plus tax.
Fall Yard Waste Program
The City of Austin provides for an annual fall yard waste program. The City has established the Cook Farm as the city wide leaf disposal site at 1200-27th Avenue NW.
- Site would be available from late September through late November
- Site would be open 7 days a week from dawn to dusk
- Site would be limited to the following yard waste:
- Plants from gardens and flowers
- Compost from previous years yard waste will be available to the public on a first come first serve basis
This program is funded through the revenues generated by the lease at the Waste Transfer Station.